Unfortunately the Christmas bugs have struck and we're having to postpone our meet this Thursday til next Tuesday hopefully.
Christmas - well I hate it to be honest, find it all rather irritating as I think Xmas is over commercialised and other things
Although I am pretty much doing the same thing as I did last year, it is different in other ways than last year in a good way as I'm now getting the control and discipline back which is good as I do need that and have missed that being part of my life.
Still not having much luck with the sport at the moment, some of it is actually down to me as one of them did come back to me but I talked myself out of going.....
Christmas - well I hate it to be honest, find it all rather irritating as I think Xmas is over commercialised and other things
Although I am pretty much doing the same thing as I did last year, it is different in other ways than last year in a good way as I'm now getting the control and discipline back which is good as I do need that and have missed that being part of my life.
Still not having much luck with the sport at the moment, some of it is actually down to me as one of them did come back to me but I talked myself out of going.....
15 comments:
Well talk yourself into going this time, I will be far from amused if this is not sorted by the deadline of the 15th January.
You are starting to let go, but use the blog to try and relax with your feelings, that is the whole idea.
Not sure about Tuesday still, will see how I am over the weekend. It would not do for you to be saying "bah humbug" without a red rear!
Just a thought that maybe the reason you talk yourself out of doing any of this sport is that you possibly dont want to actually do it? You really need to be honest with yourself. Yes, Christmas is over commercialised - but doesn't mean you cant enjoy it. Its what you make it. Maybe if you go with the flow you might, jus might, actually enjoy it! Shocking thought but tangible. FF x
Hi - its not that I dont want to do it at all - complete opposite I really do want to very much, my issue is that my previous sports have not been team ones in any shape or form, its only been myself to blame if it went horribly wrong. The sports that I've chosen are team ones and thats where i'm struggling as I know that I'm going to have to interact and because of that talk myself out of going
So what are you so frightened of then? Failure? We are all failures quite a lot of the time. If we didn't have failures or short-comings in our lives, we would have nothing to measure the triumphs against would we? Just take a deep breath and TRY. FF x
No its not a fear of failure as I hate failing at anything, its the fact that I really would have to interact with them and its not really my thing and also maybe their standards of what they want out of sport differs from mine. I know that all sounds terrible, but its an honest answer, but the biggest thing is the interaction\communication which is obviously not my forte
"No its not a fear of failure as I hate failing at anything"
That seems to contradict itself, or is this me on a Friday.
You are competitive in everything you do, yes even there FF! So lets be honest and say that a little bit of this will be not reaching your own standards, which for this exercise are far too high, but know that this will not change overnight.
Think you ought to try to make something happen before wrok returns and now hopeful for Tuesday
I have to say that I thought exactly the same Ag on your opening sentence in response to my earlier comment!!!! After, that, to be honest Peter, I failed to understand anything YOU said! Maybe, you speak in coded form to each other? Thats how it seemed anyway or is it me being thick? LOL. DONT answer that one smart arse!! Anyway, Ags, you say you want to do sport but cant interject with others (I totally agree on that one) and you HAVE to succeed in everything you do, and you think their standards will be more competitive and you might, just might, fail to cut the gravy. So, go it alone then. Simple enough. You want to do sport - do a lonesome one. Do it where you dont have goals and the standard is on a sliding scale of your choice - so no expectations needed, raised or met even. You dont have to speak to anyone. You dont have to be better than anyone and you can just get on and do what you want to do when you want to do it. Go on....why haven't you? What IS stopping you? Cos quite frankly, you say a lot (forgive the irony of that comment) but you do very little. Do you think ita maybe that you might enjoy it? Or do rather well at it? Or even, shock horror, meet a few people that might, just might turn out to be rather nice, and you could be friends with them. Imagine Ags..... playing your sport, even working out at the gym, then meeting for a drink or a coffee after and getting to know someone......too shocking to contemplate I think don't you? And I do feel I can say ANYTHING cos I'm already firmly in the 'naughty corner' so don't think I can get into any more trouble!!!!! FF xx
Well I've done the single sport thing, but I could still do another single sport again I suppose - its just that I know that it probably wont help, no its not excuses just that I think through the pros and cons. I goto the gym now and it is too shocking to contemplate to be honest, people have said a couple of things to me but shit cant believe I'm going to say it but I just sort of practically ignored them - well I was working out.
Its a real tough one for me and I be honest it gets me down sometimes, then I get annoyed\frustrated and then I clam up, welcome to the vicious circle. On the whole it may have got slightly better, million miles from perfect but maybe not too far from poor.
So Ags, why wont you talk to people? And that is wont, rather than cant. You can talk - you have demonstrated that already. Are you shy? Offish? Do you believe that you are of a better standing than them? What are the reasons? And dont say you dont know - cos you do know. I, and probably everyone else that reads this blog, will not think any the worse of you, but if we know the reasons, then possibly we can help you overcome things. When you go to shop, say Sainsburys, and the assistant chats about the weather, the cost of living, the kids, christmas- whatever - do you just answer yes or no or do you actually say something back like "yes, Im all ready for Christmas this year" or whatever... My personal thought is that you dont WANT people to get to know you, that you feel you dont deserve to have anyone care about you, or am I getting it wrong? I guess, if we dont let people into our lives, they cant screw us up can they? But the trouble is Ags, that yes, you are right (if that applies to you) but equally, we dont need help cos we can screw ourselves up without any outside assistance. Well it certainluy applies to me!! But then on the other hand, if you let people into your life, they might make it richer, better and happier. Terrible thought!!! FF xx
Hmm I think its because I am pretty shy and a private person, its not because I believe I'm better than anyone I think why is someone that doesnt know me trying to chat to me - say Sainsburys as you mention, I just wouldn't answer them. But you are very good in your observation
LOL....Well I guess I'm doing quite well getting a reply here then! But why wouldn't you answer them if someone spoke directly to you? How on earth could you be so rude? Hey Ags, you need to seriously sort yourself out then. You cannont be rude to be people. That is hurtful and plain offensive....don't do it anymore...got it? FF x
P.S Is it you deleting comments? If so dont.....stand by what you say first time cos thats what you really mean - not some toned and honed sentences that you think others want to hear. x
I suppose it does look like I'm being rude, its not my intention to be to anyone I just dont see why they would want to talk, I'm there to buy something not to have any form of conversation with them - but can see that it looks like I'm being a bit nasty
Yea that is me - I've done it a few times now, post something then think, shit not posting that now and delete it
quick word of caution - dont swear!! He who needs to be obeyed will punish you for it....suggest you might delete again - LOL. Catch you later. FF
Post a Comment