Friday, January 15, 2010

Well its been two years now since we first met, cant believe where time goes to be honest, it only feels not so long ago when we met up for the first time and a lot has happened. So for this entry I was asked to provide a synopsis of these past two years and I couldnt just put everything was fine - it had to be fairly descriptive (no mean feat that one) and of some substance.

We have set rules that are ongoing for example not procrastinating about paying bills etc and keeping up with studying and working on colour. Colour is quite interesting and challenging as I must limit the use of black which I used to be covered in head to toe – and have to wear something brighter. Bills and studying have their moments


One of the big areas that we have been working on is communication. I find it quite tough sometimes to communicate or express myself still – and something which frustrates me no end at all and I do get quite upset about it. I don’t know why I cant and yes it has got better, but perhaps when asked a question I will still give a brief airy fairy answer or ignore it. Its hard to explain what goes thru my mind at that precise time – I don’t think I can, not for want of trying though.


There have been lots of ups and very few downs – I think the downs are when I’ve literally let myself and Peter down, which when it happens it frustrates me


So we move onwards and upwards this year, we’re trying different things by meeting other couples which I find difficult as I self analyse and get over critical with myself as I think they will think I’m weird, however on saying that we have met some nice people.


Sometimes when I get a bit down about things and think maybe I should have done something better – I can be negative about myself which I have to stop, however I look back at our first meeting and think well actually I have changed and made improvements, I’ve lost a lot of weight, am back in sport and have direction. I have a mentor\disciplinarian who guides, helps and disciplines me; we both enjoy everything we do. I think if you asked me two years would I be at this stage – I would have probably given you a short answer, but that’s the thing with journeys you never know where you will end up or what path you will take.


So the future, quite difficult really as you never know what that holds. I enjoy what we’ve done and what we plan to, I would love to be able to be more confident with other people and not withdraw, be able to have conversations. I cant really say ‘be outgoing’ as I’m an introvert so not something that can be changed. We try new things and have new experiences, continue to open new doors and have new challenges

2 comments:

FlirtyFling said...

WOW!!
I have looked here so many days and been disappointed to find nothing written. Worth waiting for. Think you are doing ok. Very ok actually and as long as you are happy with the developments then good luck to you Ags.
FF x

FlirtyFling said...

Have come to the sad but inevitable conclusion that there really is no point in this blog - certainly from my point of view anyway. I thought the whole point of a blog was that the blogger - well, blogged. Clearly this isn't happening. With no in-put from anybody else, I am forced to ask myself the question that if the key movers and shakers cant be arsed, then why should I? Sorry if that seems harsh but that is how it seems from here and it has been that way for too long now. FF