Thursday, August 27, 2009

I think whilst going through this journey it has made me think on lots of levels, not only the elements we are working on but on a whole.

Colour although improved yesterday when we met, I still had my couple of security blankets covering me up albeit yes I was a bit chilly but still like to try and hide myself.

Patience hmm I dont have a great deal of patience with lots of things however I have found its getting better although have moments of great irritation.

I am finding it easier to chat to you on the phone although I still get a bit tense for whatever reason when I hit the dial button after a few mutterings I find it easier as we go along. I had realised you hadnt really pushed me physically although the blister I had from dragon boating last week didnt help matters yesterday. Although I whined a bit (and I hasten to add I still hate the hairbrush) I was pushed along again.

Being pushed and having structure\targets works for me I need to have that otherwise I can quite easily coast and become complacent. Lots of areas which perhaps are quite 'normal' others find easy whereas I find these quite tough and have to work at them and vice versa hence the 3 C's.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just as well one of us has some patience then!

Might even include ff in that, but maybe not feeling that generous.

Phone and colour are improving, but still needs some work and you can be sure I will keep you up to speed on that.

The main thing is that you continue to push yourself forward, not drop back into bad habits if I am not there, simply put this will work if you want it to and I have no doubt at all on that score.

Think the short sharp intensity caught you out a little on Wednesday, get used to it, time to push a few limits. The meeting in Brighton next week will be interesting on lots of levels and I smile when I think how easily you take this on, which many would find really hard and how hard you find the things in life!!

You perhaps see now why we have moved so slowly, when others seem to think I should be pushing harder. To gain confidemce in others takes time, but in yourself, well that is a change worth waiting for.

FlirtyFling said...

Peter, given your lack of generosity in your second paragraph, and the general flavour of your comments in general - it seems to me that all I can say is - my job is done!

Ags, I am so so happy to see such a startling improvement in your post. It is by far the most interesting and lively one you have ever written. You have come so far on "your journey" that you must be chuffed to bits with yourself. You now owe it to everybody that has shown any inkling of interest in you, to fulfill your ambition and your dreams and go for that gold medal, which is something you can relate to, I know. Don't slip back, don't get complacent, and don't accept a "thats good enough" attitude either. There are no prizes for second places.
Keep it up and at least now you should be seeing in the distance your journeys end.
FF x

Anonymous said...

Think we are a bit away from "journeys end" ff, but lets say on the right road at least.

We may perhaps know a little more when we meet on thursday and explore this a little further.

Confidence will enable you to communicate a little more easily and give colour a boost, which in turn will help confidence.

Time for you to realise that you are bright, intelligent and can do anything you want to, maybe with some nudges for a time, but you can!

AKA Blogger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AKA Blogger said...

Agree - we are on the right road although I do have a few bumps along the way. Yep tomorrow should be interesting and different, although am hoping that I will be able to utter a word.

I do lack\struggle with little confidence\self esteem, however its getting better have moments of complete dispair with it sometimes though and get very frustrated. Its like with colour I will wear (rarely) a colourful top but then hide it under numerous cardigans and jackets

FlirtyFling said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
FlirtyFling said...

Well Ags, you can still wear colour UNDER your jacket and take yourjacket off in the office. Team it with scarves and when outside, gloves and maybe hats. Come on there is so much colour around and Autumn is a lovely season. Teal, Red, Plum, Mustard all colours. Just find them and stop making excuses.
I hope today goes or has gone well, dont eat too much candy floss - what else is there at Brighton!!!! Maybe you will share whatever today has brought forth, maybe its private. Whatever, I still feel that MY job is done and don't think I am really needed here anymore. As Peter correctly says, your journey end is still some way in the distance, but at least you can see it, over the hills and down the valleys that you must first travel, but its there, and its getting closer.
FF xx

Anonymous said...

Where is the post you promised and why are the 2 deleted ones there. Take more care then no need to delete. Get it posted today!