Well I was tasked with jotting down where we were, what we've achieved and the next steps - which actually was quite hard. So we started out three years ago now, I still cant believe its three years nearly - flown past
Anyway we started with some targets, I procrastinate terribly especially with bills and studying etc - so first challenge was to get these under control which had a few moments when I sloped back into my old way, whereas they have improved greatly I do need to make sure I dont bury my head in the sand with them.
I then started to lose weight which wasnt one of our targets - I was a pretty big girl who had lost their way with not doing sport any more and had piled on the pounds. So I gradually lost weight, however one of the things I had to do was to get involved in sport again which was really difficult. I had to find a sport that I liked and eventually I found one that I reasonably like, maybe the club and people get on my nerves however I have become quite successful in it in a relatively short space of time. I did try other sports but I struggled to find a fit for me or me a fit for them which is probably my fault
Communication - oh what can I say about this one its a constant battle, whereas there have been improvements - it is something which needs a lot more work. I shy away from chatting or meeting people at every opportunity and now I have to attend a social event each month which has gone quite poorly so far this year - I did attend a couple but forgot the whole point was to socialise!
Since losing weight I still dress as if I was bigger, like wearing black or dark clothes, hiding away under multiple layers and my perception of my body is probably completely different from reality
Smoking!, well I've not smoked for several months now - and its difficult (very difficult), however I do have a friendly reminder with the smoking 'my favourite smoking brush', horrible but very effective!
Our next steps well obviously need to ensure there is no slippage back on the areas that have been progressed, however I think there are key next steps, communication - I still struggle terribly with this, colour - wearing brighter colours and clothes that fit, meeting people and socialising, self esteem and to stop knocking myself. The targets are getting harder and I do have to get out of the 'bury my head in the sand' answer
So all in all an enjoyable good year, I still look forward to and enjoy every thing about our journey - the meetings, the chats, the targets!, everything and thank you
Anyway we started with some targets, I procrastinate terribly especially with bills and studying etc - so first challenge was to get these under control which had a few moments when I sloped back into my old way, whereas they have improved greatly I do need to make sure I dont bury my head in the sand with them.
I then started to lose weight which wasnt one of our targets - I was a pretty big girl who had lost their way with not doing sport any more and had piled on the pounds. So I gradually lost weight, however one of the things I had to do was to get involved in sport again which was really difficult. I had to find a sport that I liked and eventually I found one that I reasonably like, maybe the club and people get on my nerves however I have become quite successful in it in a relatively short space of time. I did try other sports but I struggled to find a fit for me or me a fit for them which is probably my fault
Communication - oh what can I say about this one its a constant battle, whereas there have been improvements - it is something which needs a lot more work. I shy away from chatting or meeting people at every opportunity and now I have to attend a social event each month which has gone quite poorly so far this year - I did attend a couple but forgot the whole point was to socialise!
Since losing weight I still dress as if I was bigger, like wearing black or dark clothes, hiding away under multiple layers and my perception of my body is probably completely different from reality
Smoking!, well I've not smoked for several months now - and its difficult (very difficult), however I do have a friendly reminder with the smoking 'my favourite smoking brush', horrible but very effective!
Our next steps well obviously need to ensure there is no slippage back on the areas that have been progressed, however I think there are key next steps, communication - I still struggle terribly with this, colour - wearing brighter colours and clothes that fit, meeting people and socialising, self esteem and to stop knocking myself. The targets are getting harder and I do have to get out of the 'bury my head in the sand' answer
So all in all an enjoyable good year, I still look forward to and enjoy every thing about our journey - the meetings, the chats, the targets!, everything and thank you
15 comments:
Nice to get an update....it had been so long I had forgotten to even look!!! Glad to hear things are going well. Well done on giving up the fags - horrible habit but being a non-smoker can only imagine how hard it has been for you. As a matter of interest you say you lost weight. Just how much did you lose? Im sure it was an impressive amount so rejoice in that fact, celebrate and show everyone what you have done - therwise what was the point? Would be nice to hear more from you and can only help your socializing skills. FF xx
Hiya - nice to hear from you. The fags were one of those things that I couldnt stop but havent smoked for a while now but I do still like the smell of them which is weird.
Everythings going really well, I lost in total 7 stone - I was having a fat day the other day for some reason but I kept a pair of jeans from before I lost weight and got them out, wow they were massive so felt better. Its quite difficult because I really do have a terrible body image of myself - I still shy away from people for no reason but thats something we're going to work on. How are you?
I am good thanks. Got new baby grand daughter to ooh and aah over now.
Wow 7 stone is an immense amount of weight to lose - cant imagine losing that amount. I'd like to lose about 4 stone but I do ok then fall off the wagon again and again - not quite sure how to resolve it really. Seems so futile as the only thing that stops me is me.
Glad you are making headway with your ambitions. Don't shy away from showing off your new found body - you must look amazing. The shops are full of lovely things and you will great in all or any of them. I envy you. Be nice to read more of what you are doing on a daily basis. You have made vast leaps forward so you should be proud. Nice to hear from you. FF x
Nice to hear from you again ff, obviously you dont have the same incentive to lose weight!
Though of course the interesting fact is, that we have never discussed that, beyond commenting on it. That came as a result of everything else.
The most important thing that any Top/Spanker/Disciplinarian should understand is that listening gives you the tools to do the job.
Harder when the girl will not talk, but still possible as we now know!
We will post some new pictures, so that ags can see again where she came from. The difference is staggering in all departments, apart from recognition from ags hereself. Though think even that might be getting through after a recent meet.
Hope you had a nice Christmas and and my best wishes to you (and Peter) for a Happy New year. Last year saw amazing strides forward so just think what this year holds for you! I truly believe that a weight problem is always a side effect of various hang-ups and issues we all have. I am sure mine are, just cant find the issues that need redressing yet - LOL. However, you have done so, and managed to lose 7 stone on the way - that is truly awesome. You really do owe it to yourself to dress to impress - not necessarily anyone else - but certainly yourself. Look forward to an update. FF xx
Ps Oops...deleted by mistake so re-typed!!
Hi
Happy New year and hope you had a good Christmas etc etc especially now that you have a new arrival
When I say I've lost 7 stone it is true when I say I find it hard to fully grasp it, if and when I go shopping I'm still drawn to clothes I would have worn when heavier - but it will come, just need some confidence with it and not think everyone is having hysterics over what I'm wearing.
Sometimes I can get over critical about myself but having to deal with that although one way is to perhaps sometimes look back to when we first met and the changes that have happened
As Peter says it does help if one speaks :)
I cant remember how old you said you were but I seem to remember that you are still fairly young. So the world really is your oyster. I seem to have it in my head that you are 30 something. So if thats right thats a wonderful age range. You can be smart or sophisticated, or casual as you wish. Just accept you will look good in whatever you wear and however you wear it. God you only have to gaze around the office or the streets to see that really anything goes. To be frank it would be nigh on impossible for you to get it wrong whatever you wear. But you are doing yourself a great injustice if you do not wear the right size!! Head for the rail of black- look to the left or right and see the same item in different more vibrant colours, find your right size and head to the tills - simples - job done! And yes, people don't generally read your mind. But having said that I can fully understand where you are coming from if you feel uneasy or uncomfortable speaking about things. But you can always write it down, then that can open up a dialogue - a sort of stepping stone. But then again - what do I know - lol. Good luck for the new year - I am sure you will achieve a great deal. FF x
Well colour is evident quite often these days, but quite often hidden by a black cardigan or jacket, so progress of a sort.
The silly thing about communication, is that within a small group, Ags is fine, but does not think she is.
Same as body awareness, she looks really good now, but has issues with getting the head round that, thinks fat all the time .
But with every respect Peter, if you have never had a weight problem you wouldn't know that our own picture of ourselves is very different to how others see us - especially after such a huge amount of weight loss. That really is "normal". Having said that though, it is something that can be worked on and overcome, and I am sure you will be a great help in that direction!! I havent lost anything like the amount you, Ags, have lost. But I still take the "usual" size into the fitting room plus the smaller one, because I cant believe that the smaller one will fit - which it always does, or sometimes is too big. So, you see Ags, you and I are not that different really in self belief, but at least YOU are doing something positive and I truly admire you for that. So whatever you do, keep it up, and as in your sporting life - aim for the top. My Father always told me that whilst it was ok if I wasn't top of the class, it was certainly something that I should AIM to be. Damn it, I rarely made it, though what a feeling when you scored that top mark. And I guess you should be feeling a similar "chuffness" with yourself for the progress so far. FF x
Wello would not say I have never had a weight problem, in actual decided to lose a bit last year and managed a stone so far.
Helps me get around a bit quicker.
Trouble is we keep stepping backwards on communication and I am going to have to do some thinking on that one.
Well then Ags, ball in your court once again. You could always write more here - daily diary maybe? Or a every 3 day diary even? You know, even if you think you have nothing to say, say it anyway. What sort of day you had at work. What you are having for dinner.....anything!! We all lead fairly mundane lives but it would get you into the habit of conversing without feeling too pressured to SPEAK WITH TONGUE - LOL. Just a thought. You can tell me to take a hike if you dont fancy the idea!! Have a nice weekend Ags, and well done Peter on your weight loss. Cant recall you being anyway over-weight but a stone is good. I MUST try harder!! FF x
Hi there
Peter is correct I do keep going backwards with the communication, I make progress with it and then stumble backwards again which I find really hard to understand sometimes.
Colour I can have quite a wild day with a splash of navy or burgundy but again its just having some confidence with it and not to think that I look awful in what I'm wearing.
Some good ideas FF, although daily diary would be quite hard - but would get into the habit of saying\conversing more or better
Peter's perception and my perception of how I do in a small\large gathering does differ, i think I just sit there and say not a great deal at all, but he's like no you were fine maybe quiet to start but then warm up OK.
The thing is Ags that I am looking in and will let you know, if I think you are not joining in. so accept what I say, you are fine in company, and very rarely go noticably quiet.
Communication in writing is getting better, but lack fluency and you do tend to be abrupt, in person and writing, but that we can work on.
This is nit picking, compared to where we were with you though.
Hi, Well if Peter is nit picking then I guess that shows there is nothing too majorly wrong. So that can only be good. How about a new post with a complete update on how the new year has panned out Ags? Do you still do your sports? What are these meets that you talk about and sound tantalizing - LOL.
What are your plans for the weekend? Have to dash now as need to do some shopping - boring food shop - nothing exciting today. Have a great weekend.
FF x
Post a Comment